PhD Candidate in Political Science
- Name: Ivo Veiga
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7679 4999
- Fax: +44 (0)20 7679 4969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivo is currently a Phd candidate in Political Science at the UCL and is supervised by Dr. Sherril Stroshein (UCL) and Dr. Alex Braithwaite
(UCL). Ivo's dissertation examines the Portuguese and the Spanish
transitions to democracy. A particular area of interest is the role of
coalitions in the processes of regime change. He earned his MSc in
Sociology at the University of Reading and gained his BA in History and
MA in Contemporary History at the New University of Lisbon.
Provisional dissertation title
- The role of coalitions in the Spanish and the Portuguese Transition to Democracy.
General areas of interest
- Contentious Politics. Revolutions, Social Movements and Transitions to Democracy;
- Comparative Historical Analysis; Historical Institutionalism; Path Dependence Theories; Event Analysis.