Useful information for current Soc-B students.
- Funding End Date & Submission Date
- Your funding end date refers to the end of your funded period of study.
- Any changes to your student status or record can change your funding end date or thesis submission date. With this in mind, it is important to inform the Soc-B team of any changes to your student status.
- If you intend to submit early, i.e. before your funding end date, please email us at email@example.com
- If you are unsure of what your funding end date and/or submission date is, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you need to do if you think you might need to interrupt your studies:
- Contact us via email at email@example.com to discuss your interruption plans as early as possible, copying in your supervisor and departmental administrator.
- Interruption requests made in retrospect will not be approved, unless they are on medical grounds.
- We will liaise with your supervisor to discuss your interruption timeline and financial arrangements. For medical interruptions we may request medical certificates.
- You will receive an email with the decision regarding your interruption. If your interruption gets approved, we will confirm your new funding end date.
- Research Training & Support Grant (RTSG)
Every Soc-B student is eligible for a Research Training Support Grant (RTSG). This allowance is intended to be used to pay for expenses which the student/supervisor/department deem to be in direct support of a student's research.
Key steps to using your RTSG
Step 1: Email your supervisor (or local Soc-B director if you are in the first year of the programme) to request written approval for the RTSG expense.
Step 2: Email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what you intend to use your RTSG for, attaching your supervisor or local Soc-B director's written approval.
Step 3: Purchase the RTSG expense.
Step 4: Send the expense receipt(s) to email@example.com.
Step 5: Record your RTSG expense in a spreadsheet and keep a file of your RTSG related receipts.
Please note: Students must keep track of their RTSG expenses in a spreadsheet.