Useful information for current Soc-B students.
- Funding End Date & Submission Date
- Your funding end date refers to the end of your funded period of study.
- Any changes to your student status or record can change your funding end date or thesis submission date. With this in mind, it is important to inform the Soc-B team of any changes to your student status.
- If you intend to submit early, i.e. before your funding end date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unsure of what your funding end date and/or submission date is, please contact us at email@example.com.
What you need to do if you think you might need to interrupt your studies:
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your interruption plans as early as possible, copying in your supervisor and departmental administrator.
- Interruption requests made in retrospect will not be approved, unless they are on medical grounds.
- We will liaise with your supervisor to discuss your interruption timeline and financial arrangements. For medical interruptions we may request medical certificates.
- You will receive an email with the decision regarding your interruption. If your interruption gets approved, we will confirm your new funding end date.
- Research Training & Support Grant (RTSG)
Every Soc-B student is eligible for a Research Training Support Grant (RTSG). This allowance is intended to be used to pay for expenses which the student/supervisor/department deem to be in direct support of a student's research during their funded period.
Key steps to using your RTSG
Step 1: Email your supervisor (or local Soc-B director if you are in the first year of the programme) to request written approval for the RTSG expense.
Step 2: Email your local admin team for approval. (Include details on what it is you would like to purchase and attach your supervisor's permission).
Step 3: Once you have your local admin team's approval, purchase the RTSG expense.
Step 4: Send the expense receipt(s) to your local admin team and submit an expense claim.
Step 5: Record your RTSG expense in a spreadsheet and keep a file of your RTSG related receipts.
Please note: students are expected to keep track of their RTSG expenses in a spreadsheet.