UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences
- About SLMS
- Public Engagement
- Vacancies & fellowships
- UCL Excellence Fellowships
- Support Us
- Contact us
UCL Excellence Fellowships
Introduction to the programme
- UCL’s Excellence Fellowship Programme provides a unique opportunity for early career researchers from across the globe to gain an independent research role at UCL, where they will be supported in an environment that fosters academic excellence, creativity and innovation, to become the leaders of the future. The posts are typically for three years, during which candidates will be supported to gain their own external funding.
- Fellowships are available in the School of Life and Medical Sciences, which comprises the Faculties of Brain Sciences, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences and Population Health Sciences. Applications are welcome from clinical and non-clinical researchers across the full breadth of disciplines in life and medical sciences, including clinical, applied and population health science.
- Typically applicants will have received their PhD and will have already gained some postdoctoral experience (or equivalent research-related degree and experience of working in a laboratory), and have experience of conducting independent research as well as a track record of peer-reviewed publications. Candidates should have a visionary approach to future research, and the ability to plan and implement a creative and influential independent research programme.
- To apply, candidates are required to identify a UCL sponsor (a UCL PI/Head of Department who will support the application). Applications are made via the UCL HR website. The next round of the Excellence Fellowship programme will open in early 2014. Check back here for details!
The 2013 recruitment round is *now CLOSED*
The next round of recruitment for UCL Excellence Fellows is expected to be announced in early 2014.
Check back here for further details.