UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences
What are we doing at UCL/UCLP about brain degeneration?
Special Grand Round, 9 November 2011
Introduction by Professor Sir John Tooke, Vice-Provost (Health) and Head of UCL School of Life & Medical Sciences
Speakers include (running order to be decided):
- Martin Orrell, Professor of Ageing and Mental Health, UCL Mental Health Sciences Unit"Memory lane - the way ahead for better treatment in dementia"
- Nick Fox, Professor of Neurology, UCL Institute of Neurology"Seeing what Alois Alzheimer couldn't see - imaging the onset and progression of Alzheimer's disease"
- John Collinge, Professor of Neurology, UCL Institute of Neurology“Molecular mechanisms and rational treatment of prion disease: implications for the commoner dementias”
Panel discussion (with speakers listed above and panellists below):
- Gill Livingston, Professor of Psychiatry of Older People, UCL Mental Health Sciences Unit
- Katy Judd, Consultant Nurse at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery