Graduate Conference and External Training Courses Fund
**New Deadlines for 2017/18 added, below**
The funds previously administered by the Graduate School were devolved to Faculties in May 2014.
- The administrative processes have been streamlined to reduce the administrative burden on all involved, whether applying for or administering funds.
- Applications are now submitted by email, documentation verified and payments made locally within Departments.
Three further schemes were devolved from the Graduate School in 2014: the Bridging, Research Project and Staff Conference Fund Schemes. All three funds were disestablished, the funds available (charged across all Departments) being insufficient to deliver an equitable or useful provision, in the case of the Bridging fund only allowing for approximately one award per Faculty per annum.
- Deadlines for the submission of applications to the Student Conference and External Training Course Fund in 2017-18 are midday on Monday 25 September 2017, Monday 22 January 2018, and Tuesday 29 May 2018.
- Please note that it is the students' responsibility to ensure that their application is received in the ACO by the relevant deadline.
- Applicants will be informed within 4 weeks of the deadline whether or not they have received funding.
Applications should be submitted by email to Anna Hindley, Graduate Operations Manager, SLMS Academic Careers Office. NB All applications will be acknowledged; if you have not received an acknowledgement within two weeks, please contact me to check it has been received!