22 February – 4 March 2016
MiniMD is a two-week intensive course that provides non-clinical scientists with direct insight into the clinical pathway. Participants will meet patients, experience the elements of the clinical pathway and engage with clinicians.
Participants on MiniMD in Cancer will gain first hand clinically supervised experience of:
• Multidisciplinary Team meetings
• Clinical diagnostics (including pathology and radiology)
• Out-patient clinics
• Operating theatre sessions
• Ward rounds
• Chemotherapy and radiotherapy units
• Clinical Research Facilities
• Palliative and end of life care
MiniMD will focus on breast cancer and will be particularly relevant for those working in translational research. Any scientist working in solid tumour biology will also benefit from the course.
How to register:
MiniMD is suitable for non-clinical scientists with varying degrees of experience, from postdoctoral researchers to senior academics.
The deadline for registration is Thursday 10 December 2015