To book, click on the appropriate course.
SUMMER SCHOOL FOUNDATION - 01 July - 06 September/ 10 weeks
Evening Class: DRAWING - Every Monday 01 July – 19 August/ 8 Mondays
Evening Class: PAINTING - Every Tuesday 02 July – 20 August/ 8 Tuesdays
DRAWING - 01 – 12 July/ 2 weeks
PROGRESSING PAINTING - 01 – 12 July/ 2 weeks - COURSE FULL - Reservation list
ETCHING - 01 – 05 July or 08– 12 July/ / 1 week or 2 weeks
WOOD ENGRAVING - 09 -11 July / 3 days
LOW-TECH PHOTOGRAPHY: The Kitchen and the Table - 08 – 12 July / 1 week
PHOTO ETCHING - 15 - 21 July / 1 week
FROM DRAWING TO PAINTING - 15 – 26 July / 2 weeks or 4 weeks
PAINTING - 15-26 July or 29 July – 09 August / 2 weeks
COLLAGE INTO MIXED MEDIA - 22 – 24 July / 3 days
CONTEMPORARY PAINTING - 15 July – 02 August / 3 weeks
PORTRAITURE A NEW PERSPECTIVE - 15 – 26 July / 2 weeks
LIFE DRAWING - 30 July– 10 August / 2 weeks
THE ART OF LOOKING - FROM GALLERY TO STUDIO - 29 July – 02 August/ 1 week
GENERATION TEXT: GENERATIVE WRITING IN VISUAL CULTURE - 29 – 31 July / 3 days
CASTING FROM LIFE AND ARTEFACTS - 02 - 04 August / 3 days
INTRODUCTION TO SCULPTURE - 05 – 16 August /2 weeks
GOOD ARTISTS COPY; GREAT ARTISTS STEAL - 05 – 9 August /1 week
THE EXPANDED FIELD OF DRAWING - 05 – 16 or 23 August /2 weeks or 3 weeks
MATERIAL JOURNEY: REPRESENTATION INTO ABSTRACTION - 12 – 23 August / 2 weeks
LIFE PAINTING - 12 – 23 August / 2 weeks
COLOUR IN PRACTICE - 26 – 06 August / 2 weeks
PORTRAITURE: DRAWING AND PAINTING THE HEAD - 26 August – 06 September/ 2 weeks
LIFE PAINTING AND THE SUSTAINED POSE - 26 August – 06 September/ 2 weeks
How to Book
- Click on the course you want to book from the list above
- This will direct you to the correct page on the UCL online store
- To make a booking, click on the blue ‘Book Course’ button
- Click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’
- You will be asked either to register as a new customer, or login to your account if you have previously booked with us
- You will then be asked to complete some enrolment details we need to book you on to the course. If you are booking on behalf of someone else, please click the blue hyperlink at the top of the page ‘I am not the Attendee’ and complete the correct information.
- The final screen will ask you to pay for your course securely by entering your credit or debit card details.
Once your booking has been completed, you will promptly receive a confirmation email.
- Three day courses – £240
- One week courses – £400
- Two week courses – £800
- Three week courses – £1,200
- Evening courses – £360
- Foundation (ten weeks) – £3,600
Summer School Foundation fees can be paid in full at the time of booking or in two instalments:
- The first instalment is £2,000 and must be paid at the time of booking.
- The second instalment of £1,600 is due one month before the course starts.
All the other course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking.
DiscountsWe have extended our Early Bird deadline for the Foundation Course! Take the unique chance to Spend 10 weeks getting a taste for studying Fine Art at the Slade! The Slade Summer Foundation is a great opportunity for students of all levels and experience to work in the famous Slade studios and acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for progression into higher education in Fine Art, further independent study and an individual art practice.
10% discounts are available for UCL current students and staff. To claim this discount, you will be asked to enter your UPI number (available on your UCL ID card) when making a booking with the online store.