Cost: £75 (£30 with bursary)
Book a place
This online course will cover how to write a qualitative academic paper.
You'll also get some tips on how to get your paper published in a peer-reviewed journal.
The following topics will be covered:
- How to write up qualitative research (e.g. a research paper)
- How to describe qualitative research for an academic/medical audience
- What constitutes good writing, and how to convey your ideas clearly in writing
- Overcoming barriers and blocks to writing.
Who this course is for
This course is aimed at people who either:
- are planning or have conducted data collection using qualitative methods
- have already started writing a paper based on qualitative research
You should have a firm grasp of the key principles of qualitative research. Please visit the Qualitative Health Research Network website for our introductory level courses.
Teaching and structure
This course lasts 2.5 hours. Teaching will be delivered entirely online by experienced researchers via Zoom.
You'll learn as part of a group, interacting through activities and questions and learning from others by taking part in the discussions that accompany each step.
You're expected to bring an example of your own writing based on qualitative research. You'll use this to learn principles of clear communication and effective writing.
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- write qualitative research for an academic journal
- increase the chances of a paper being accepted by a journal
- practice thinking and writing clearly.
You'll receive a certificate of attendance. Please consult your organisation about eligibility for CPD credit.
Cost and concessions
The standard cost of this course is £75.
A limited number of bursaries are available. If you feel you would benefit from this course but the cost presents a barrier, email email@example.com with a brief statement (maximum 250 words) before registering. If you're selected, the fees for this course will be reduced to £30.
This is part of series of online workshops hosted by the Qualitative Health Research Network (QHRN) focussing on developing specialist qualitative research skills in health research.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 30 Nov 2022, 16:00