Book a place
This two-day course will look at the principles of partial denture construction.
The course will highlight the knowledge and skills you need to assess and treat patients requiring removable partial dentures, including developing a treatment plan.
Please note: You can also take a related two-day course focusing on complete dentures.
The course is run by the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London which has a broad range of continuing professional development (CPD) short courses. These provide hands-on training from experienced staff in dedicated facilities.
This removable partial dentures course will cover the following:
- Update on biological considerations
- Review of design principles
- Clinical treatment sequencing
- Useful clinical tips and problem solving
- Treatment sequencing when integrating fixed and removable prostheses
- Integrating aesthetics and function
- Importance of tooth preparation and surveying
- Replacing missing anterior teeth
- Replacing missing teeth with partial dentures: the fixed-removable interface and the metal framework try-in
- Practical session: denture-design exercises
- Laboratory aspects: repairs, relines, additions, rebasing
Who this course is for
The course is aimed at general dental practitioners who want to improve and enhance their skills in complete denture construction.
You must hold an approved dental qualification.
Teaching and structure
This course runs over 2 days (27 April and 4 May 2022).
You'll learn through a combination of:
- hands-on sessions in clinical skills labs
CPD points and certificate
You'll get 13 hours of verifiable CPD and a certificate of attendance on completing the course.
The fees are £695. (The complete dentures course also costs £695.)
All Eastman teachers are experienced professionals. You'll be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Please read the Eastman's refunds policy before booking.
Dr Pranay Sharma
Pranay joined the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London in 2000 and completed a four-year specialist training program in fixed and removable prosthodontics, with distinction for his clinical case presentations. He was subsequently awarded the MRD, the highest formal qualification available for the prosthodontic speciality, by the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Pranay is the programme director for the Removable Prosthodontic Programmes and is a part-time clinical lecturer in prosthodontics and implant dentistry at the Eastman, where he also runs hands-on courses in removable prosthodontics for dentists. Pranay is an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England and an internal examiner for the restorative master’s course at the Eastman.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 9 Dec 2021, 10:23