Book a place
This two-day course will enable you to use coaching as a leadership 'tool' to:
- support professional dialogue and learning
- gain commitment to professional and personal goals
- improve practice
The course will also help you to develop your coaching skills to support change, personal performance and learning.
It blends theoretical input with extensive opportunities for you to practise core coaching skills.
It's run by the London Centre for Leadership in Learning (LCLL) at UCL Institute of Education (IOE).
Who this course is for
The course is suitable for leaders at all levels within schools or other education settings.
It supports those who've undertaken, or are considering, the following UCL IOE courses:
- Early Leadership (Level 1)
- Developing Middle Leaders (Level 2)
- Widening Leadership (Level 3)
- Leadership Colab: National Professional Qualification for Middle and Senior Leadership and Headship
The course is very practical. It's designed to help you learn the key skills of coaching during day one. You'll then have chance to apply those skills in your workplace before meeting again on day two to reflect on progress.
- What's the difference between coaching and mentoring?
- When do you coach and when do you mentor?
- Are you a suitable coach or coachee?
- Practise coaching
- Self-reflection in preparation for interim coaching
- How have you progressed as a coach?
- Can you build emotional intelligence, rapport and trust?
- How does coaching work in organisations?
- Coaching practice
- Self-reflection and next steps in your professional development
Taking this course will enable you to:
- develop your knowledge and understanding about coaching and mentoring
- explore the values and principles that underpin successful coaching
- develop the skills of deep listening and effective questioning
- use a coaching model to support professional dialogue and learning
- gain confidence in your ability to effectively coach others
- explore coaching within organisations
The course consists of two full-day sessions, with a few weeks in between to allow you to practise some of the techniques developed in session one.
Certificates of completion
On attending both sessions you'll receive a certificate of completion.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 7 Aug 2019, 14:55