Book a place
This three-day course will give you the skills and tools you need to gain useful and actionable information from complex bioprocess data sets.
You'll learn about the statistics and data exploration tools best suited to interpret and evaluate challenging bioprocess data sets.
You'll also learn how to use multivariate data analysis (MVDA) and machine learning (ML) algorithms to better understand the cause and effect relationships within your data.
This course is part of the Modular Training for the Bioprocess Industries programme (MBI), run by the Department of Biochemical Engineering at UCL.
Teaching will be online. You'll be taught in small classes, with an emphasis on interactive problem solving and case studies.
The course makes use of a wide range of real-life industrial data sets collected from both upstream and downstream operations. These will be used to demonstrate the data importation, pre-processing, visualization and analysis needed to better inform bioprocess monitoring and control operations.
Lectures by industrial and academic speakers will include the following topics:
- Process analytic technology within USP: opportunities and challenges
- Missing data: best practices and common pitfalls
- Modelling chromatography columns: key control objectives
- Root cause analysis (RCA): exploratory analysis of key influential variables
- Cell line optimisation: application of artificial intelligence (AI) to automate selection of lead clones
Who the course is for
The course is suitable for scientists, engineers and project managers.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- use data analytic tools in Python
- build and validate advanced process models on challenging bioprocessing data sets
- deal with large manufacturing data sets and automate the model building process
- use appropriate statistics and data exploration tools to interpret challenging biologic data sets
Costs and group bookings
The standard price for this course is £1,750.
Special prices are available for groups and SMEs. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Modular Training for the Bioprocess Industries (MBI)
The award-winning MBI programme is a series of UCL-accredited short courses for people working in the bioprocessing industry. It's designed and delivered in collaboration with over 70 industrial experts.
The programme provides flexible professional development training. You can choose to take standalone courses or combine them for a Certificate, Diploma or Master's qualification. It complements in-house training by providing broader perspectives for more informed decision-making.
Courses have so far been delivered to over 900 individuals from more than 300 companies, 30% of which are non-UK, demonstrating its strong international impact.
MBI plays a central role in the department's knowledge-transfer activities. This ensures that cutting-edge research is undertaken to capture the value of integrating engineering with complex and fast-moving biology, which helps keep the global industry ahead in manufacturing.
Benefits of MBI
By attending an MBI course, you'll:
- benefit from knowledge transfer and upskilling in core bioprocessing fundamentals and trends in industry
- gain a deeper understanding of process options and engineering constraints
- acquire the tools to optimise process performance and economics
- learn about the latest technical and regulatory developments
- have access to cutting edge research methodologies
- network with sector leaders and subject matter experts
- increase your flexibility, motivation, creativity and professional status
There is more information about the MBI on the Department of Biochemical Engineering's website. If you have questions about fees or how to combine courses for a specific qualification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Stephen Goldrick - Module Leader
Stephen is Lecturer/Associate Professor in Digital Bioprocess Engineering in the Department of Biochemical Engineering at UCL.
Book a place
Course information last modified: 30 Nov 2022, 16:01