SELCS Writing Lab
- Walk-in clinic
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Writing Lab rules
- Writing resources
- Where to find us
- Other UCL resources
News and forthcoming events
- One-to-one tutorials return after Reading Week until the end of Term 2. Walk in or book via the SELCS Writing Lab Moodle.
- One special week of tutorials available 13-17 January 2014. Bring in your Term 1 feedback for discussion with the Lab tutors! Details and booking on our Moodle.
- One-to-one tutorials running Monday to Friday until the end of term 1. Walk-in hours from 12-1 and 5-6 each day. Half-hour appointments between 1 and 5 can be booked via the SELCS Writing Lab Moodle.
- The SELCS Writing Lab ran workshops for new undergraduates in SELCS on 'How to Write a University Essay' during Induction Week.
- The SELCS Writing Lab will be available to affiliate students in A&H, S&HS and SSEES in 2013-14.
Here are some useful sites that contain information to assist your academic writing ability:
- UCL Library document on how you should cite your references and referencing styles.
- Key Skills at UCL
- UCL Academic Writing Support Network
- UCL English Department Punctuation Guide
- UCL Survey of English Usage Apps (including Academic Writing)
- The Oatmeal (a cartoon about punctuation)
- Harvard Writing Center writing resources site
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Agnes Scott Center for Writing and Speaking writing handouts site
- Cardiff University MHRA Referencing Tutorial
- Cornell University Introduction to Research site
- Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellows
- RLF Writing Resources
Page last modified on 02 jan 14 16:52