Every UCL Excellence Fellow is sponsored by a member of academic staff within SLMS. For further information please refer to the FAQs
- Sponsors provide a commitment, and assurance to the Programme Selection Panel, that the Fellow will be provided with dedicated research / laboratory space, support and facilities to allow them to establish and pursue their independent research agenda.
- Any Group Leader with a permanent position within SLMS who can make this commitment can act as a sponsor for an Excellence Fellow. Specific arrangements for sponsorship vary within SLMS Divisions and Institutes and staff are encouraged to discuss potential sponsorship with their Head of Department or Division/Institute.
- Sponsors must provide a letter of support, providing this commitment, to be included within a candidate's Excellence Fellowship application.
- During recruitment to the Excellence Fellowship Programme, SLMS academic staff may expect to be contacted by prospective candidates requesting sponsorship.
- There is no obligation to become a sponsor: sponsors should assess the calibre of the candidate and ability to commit the required resources before agreeing to act as a sponsor.