This page lists some key criteria for applying to the UCL Excellence Fellowships recruitment round. For full information and how to apply, please refer to the FAQs and application guidelines.
- Fellowships are available in the UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences.
- Fellowships will be awarded to the highest calibre candidates who are able to demonstrate an exceptional track record in relation to their career stage, and the potential to submit competitive fellowship or personal award applications at an early stage of the Excellence Fellowship.
- Three fellowships will be available in 2017 across the full range of disciplines in life and medical sciences. (Please note the 2017 call is now closed)
- Fellowship posts are for three years full time. Part time working arrangements can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- There are no restrictions on nationality, however, you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered.
- Fellowships are available to clinical and non-clinical candidates who have not yet established an independent research career.
- Candidates should have been awarded a PhD or equivalent research-related degree prior to application
What is offered
- Fellows will receive salary support (see guidelines) and up to £50,000 in research expenses.
- Candidates must identify a senior academic from within the UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences who will commit to sponsoring their application and assure provision of research space, resources and facilities. Applications received without sponsors risk not being considered for shortlisting.
- A letter with appropriate sponsor, Departmental, and Divisional signatures is required as part of the application.
10th May, 2017 (11pm).
Start your application early, as you will need to obtain support from a SLMS sponsor prior to the application deadline.
Shortlisting: Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview based on the criteria in the job description and person specification. Outcomes of shortlisting will be made available in early June. Please note that due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants.
Interviews: For invited candidates, interviews will be held on 30th June. We are unable to accommodate remote interviews; therefore, please do keep this date clear.