CASMI aims to create a national network of academics and professional specialists committed to understanding and developing better and more sustainable means of effecting medical innovation.
CASMI represents an opportunity to showcase Fellows’ work, foster links to encourage interdisciplinary and interinstitutional research and scholarship, highlight and organise relevant meetings and influence policy and practice.
Becoming a CASMI Fellow offers an attractive opportunity for broader engagement with colleagues within related fields of work and interest.
- Expectations of CASMI Fellows
1. Act as ambassadors for CASMI and to encourage broader engagement from colleagues wherever possible.
2. Actively participate in discussions on the strategic direction of CASMI and its initiatives.
3. Assist in developing working collaborations across UCL and other relevant institutions.
4. Cite CASMI in publications or presentations on work done in collaboration with CASMI or on topics relevant to its agenda.
5. Produce written material relevant to their field of expertise for inclusion on the CASMI website. This might include short reports of CASMI related work (e.g. ongoing research or implementation/development projects) they are engaged in for a section of the website that showcases ongoing projects.
6. Contribute to CASMI education and training events.
- Benefits for CASMI fellows
1. Preferential invitations to CASMI events and associated meetings.
2. Potential discounted attendance at CASMI events.
3. Membership of a network focussed on medical innovation that offers peer support and encourages new collaborations and opportunities for the development of research projects.
4. Opportunity for participation in special commissions (e.g. Lancet series).
5. Showcase their collaborative work through the CASMI website.
6. Access to CASMI Members Site offering a range of tools/approaches and forum for discussion.