We are delighted to welcome applications from external students to our iBSc programmes. See our entry criteria and application process. Applications will open from early February until 31 March 2024.
Are you a current UCL MBBS student?
Current UCL MBBS students should visit the Medical School website.
Select your programme
You can apply to up to two programmes. We are currently inviting external applications to the following programmes.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept transfers to UCL to complete your undergraduate Medicine degree.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for iBSc study, you must have:
- Enrolled on a UK MBBS course.
- Successfully completed or about to complete the second year. If you are currently in your second year, any offer from us will be conditional that you pass your second year.
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade C or 5.
- A minimum of ABB in your A levels or equivalent.
Individual iBSc programmes may decide if they wish to accept students who have completed more than two years of MBBS training. Any offer from us will be conditional that you pass your current year of study.
Individual programme requirements
- For iBSc Mathematics, Computers and Medicine, you must have grade A in A level Mathematics or equivalent.
- For iBSc Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, grade A in A level Mathematics, and an A level (or equivalent) in Physics are preferred.
We can consider applications from overseas students enrolled at a UK medical school who meet the above requirements. If you are a Tier 4 visa holder, please visit our Immigration & Visa website for guidance.
How to apply
You can apply to up to two programmes. Please list your choices in order of preference on the application form.
You will need to provide the following:
- A completed Application Form including a personal statement for your two choices.
- A full academic transcript from your Medical School showing at least two years of study.
- One reference from a tutor or lecturer who is familiar with your academic ability, using the Reference Form.
- A letter confirming that your home institution can release you for this period of study. This letter must be sent directly from your home institution, or we can accept a stamped and signed copy.
- A completed Disability and Ethnic Origin Monitoring Form.
Your application will not be considered without all the documentation.
Submitting your application
Please send the completed Application Form, the Disability and Ethnic Origin Monitoring Form, your academic transcript and your host institution letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referees should send the completed Reference Form directly from their institutional (ac.uk) email address to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply for 2024 entry is 31 March.
What happens next?
If you are accepted, you will be sent an offer email and invited to reply to your offer.
Once you've accepted the offer and confirmed that you will be attending UCL, we will send you more information about starting with us.
If you are not accepted to your first preference, your application is redirected to your second preference (if you have expressed a second preference).