The UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master's degree studies at UCL.
Value: £15,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Deadline: 5pm BST, Tuesday 7 May 2024
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted a complete admission application (including the submission of references) for a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2024/25. Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 85 (eighty-five) scholarships available in 2024/25 with five aimed specifically at students from India.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
Please visit the International Masters Awards page for information on how to apply. .
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Tuesday 7 May 2024.
Successful candidates for 2024/25 will be notified by late June 2024.