The UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master's degree studies at UCL.
Value: £15,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Deadline: 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2023/24. Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 75 (seventy-five) scholarships available in 2023/24 with five aimed specifically at students from India.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
You need to have submitted a complete admission application to UCL (including the submission of references) in order to apply for the scholarship.
While you do not need to have received an offer of admission to be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to have had your fee status confirmed by UCL Admissions. For some students this happens shortly after you apply to the university, but for many this will not happen until just before an offer of admission is made. If you are unable to access the scholarship application form, you may need to wait until UCL has decided whether to make you an admission offer. Please ensure you apply for admission well before the scholarship deadline.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click 'Check and apply' under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
For help completing the form please read our UCL Global Masters Scholarship Application Guidance.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by early July 2023.