The London Opportunity Scholarship is open to students who have taken part in one of the UCL Widening Participation activities listed below.
Value: £4,000 (per year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Academic merit and financial need
Eligible fee status: UK
Eligible programmes: All full-time undergraduate programmes
Additional eligibility criteria: participation in a UCL Widening Participation activity and a household income of less than £42,875
Deadline: Friday, 3 July 2020
Eligible candidates must:
- hold UK fee status;
- hold an offer of admission to UCL to study any full-time undergraduate degree programme for the 2020-21 intake (commencing in September 2020);
- have accepted UCL as their firm choice;
- have a household income of £42,875 or less;
- have completed at least one UCL Widening Participation activity:
- UCL Summer Challenge
- UCL Residential Summer Schools
- Realising Opportunities
- Discover UCL D/deaf summer school
- Non-residential Summer Schools
- Lloyds Scholars Spring School
- Year 11 Young researchers
- Sutton Scholars
- Target Medicine
Value, benefits, and duration
The award is £4,000 per year for the duration of the programme and is subject to satisfactory academic progress. The scholarship is awarded to cover maintenance costs.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, family circumstances and educational background.
How to apply
The London Opportunity Scholarship is one of the schemes that make up the Undergraduate Funding and Access Awards (UGFA).
To be considered for a London Opportunity Scholarship, please follow the procedure on the UGFA webpage.
The UGFAs will be awarded by recommendation by a panel composed of UCL staff. The successful candidates will be notified as soon as decisions are made by mid-September. If you have not heard from us by Friday 18 September 2020, you may assume your application was unsuccessful.