The London Opportunity Scholarship is open to students who have taken part in one of the UCL Widening Participation activities listed below.
Value: £4,000 (per year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need,family circumstances and educational background
Eligible students: UK domiciled with Home fee status
Eligible programmes: All full-time undergraduate programmes
Additional eligibility criteria: participation in a UCL Widening Participation activity and a household income of less than £42,875
Deadline: Monday 4 July 2022
Eligible candidates must:
- be domiciled in the UK with Home fee status;
- hold an offer of admission to UCL to study any full-time undergraduate degree programme for the 2022/23 intake
- have accepted UCL as their firm choice;
- have a household income of £42,875 or less;
- have completed at least one of the following UCL Widening Participation activities:
- UCL Summer Challenge
- Residential Summer Schools
- Non-residential Summer Schools
- Realising Opportunities
- Discover UCL D/deaf summer school
- Year 11 Young researchers
- Sutton Scholars
- Target Medicine Mentoring Scheme
Value, benefits, and duration
The award is £4,000 per year for the duration of the programme and is subject to satisfactory academic progress. The scholarship is awarded to cover maintenance costs. 20 awards are available.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, family circumstances and educational background.
How to apply
The London Opportunity Scholarship is one of the schemes that make up the Undergraduate Funding and Access Awards (UGFA).
To be considered for a London Opportunity Scholarship, please follow the procedure on the UGFA webpage.
The UGFAs will be awarded by recommendation by a panel composed of UCL staff. The successful candidates will be notified as soon as decisions are made by mid-September.