This scholarship aims to enable UK students from backgrounds under-represented in The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment, to pursue their undergraduate studies at The Bartlett
Value: Full tuition fees plus annual maintenance allowance of £15,364
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Educational, personal and financial circumstances
Eligible students: UK domiciled with Home fee status
Eligible programmes: Specified undergraduate programmes (see below)
Additional eligibility criteria: Applicants must not have completed undergraduate study either at UCL or elsewhere previously and meet at least one of the additional criteria detailed below
Deadline: 11.59pm (BST), Friday 2 July 2021
Eligible candidates must:
1) Be domiciled in the UK with Home fee status;
2) Have not completed undergraduate study either at UCL or elsewhere previously;
3) Hold an offer of admission to study on one of the below Bartlett undergraduate programmes*:
- Architecture BSc (ARB/RIBA Part 1) BSc
- Architecture MSci
- Architectural & Interdisciplinary Studies BSc
- Architectural & Interdisciplinary Studies (with year abroad) BSc
- Engineering & Architectural Design MEng
- Project Management for Construction BSc
- Project Management for Construction (Sandwich) BSc
- Urban Planning and Real Estate BSc
- Urban Planning, Design and Management BSc
- Urban Studies BSc
4) And meet at least one of the additional criteria below:
- be in financial need as assessed by UCL;**
- be a forced migrant (as defined by UCL);
- be from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background;***
- be from a Gypsy, Roma or Traveller community;****
- be unable to access Student Finance because of immigration status;
- receive (or were eligible for) free school meals;
- have a disability;
- be a care leaver;
- be first generation in family to attend university;
- attend (or have attended) a low-performing school for either GCSE or A-level;*****
- live in a disadvantaged neighbourhood ******
* The Promise Scholarship cannot be deferred, those awarded will need to take up their offer of study in the stated academic year in order to receive the scholarship.
** With an assessed household income of less than £42,875.
*** We define BAME as those of a non-white heritage and individuals of mixed-heritage who self-identify as also coming from a BAME background.
**** Underrepresented groups in Higher Education.
***** This means your school falls into the lower 50% of schools in England and Wales for average GCSE achievement and/or average A-level point score
Value, benefits, and duration
The award provides full tuition fees plus £15,364 per year for the duration of the programme and is subject to satisfactory academic progress. 10 awards are available.
We will consider your educational, personal and financial circumstances. You will need to demonstrate these in your application.
As part of the application process selected candidates will be asked to engage in a one-to-one dialogue with The Windsor Fellowship******* to discuss anything else which you feel might support your application. Dialogues will be conducted electronically via an appropriate method agreed between The Windsor Fellowship and applicant e.g. telephone, Skype etc.
The selection panel will assess your application based on the information provided on your online scholarship application form and the information you provide in your one-to-one dialogue with the Windsor Fellowship. Assessment of applications will be made in relation to the eligibility criteria detailed above.
******* The Windsor Fellowship is supporting The Bartlett in conducting the one-to-one dialogues that form part of the application process. The Bartlett will share the data of applicants with The Windsor Fellowship for the purposes of conducting these dialogues. By submitting your application you agree to The Bartlett sharing your information with The Windsor Fellowship.
How to apply
Please visit the Undergraduate Funding and Access awards page for information on how to apply.
The scholarship will be awarded by recommendation of a panel composed of UCL staff. All candidates will be notified as soon as decisions are made.