The Ardalan Family Scholarship was founded in 2010 by a private donor to assist Iranian nationals to undertake Master's study at UCL.
Value: £18,750 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Academic merit
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Additional eligibility criteria: Iranian national
Deadline: 5pm, Thursday 16 April 2020
Candidates can be from any country, but must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- have successfully completed undergraduate-level studies in Iran and be an Iranian national;
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2020/21.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There is 1 (one) scholarship available in 2020/21.
- The value of the scholarship is £18,750.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The Ardalan Family Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Ardalan Family Scholarship award.
- Unless otherwise requested by the scholar, the scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence however financial need will also be taken into consideration. The scholarship will be awarded upon the recommendation of an academic selection panel and the Student Funding Office.
Prospective applicants who have not yet applied to UCL are advised that their UCL application will be used for this scholarship and so they are advised to ask their referees to use the online reference form as it gives the selectors better insight into your academic merit.
How to apply
Applications to this scholarship are now open
You need to hold an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, so you are advised to apply for an eligible degree at UCL in good time for the Admissions Office and the relevant academic department to process and respond to your application.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click 'Check and apply' under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
For help completing the form please read our Master's Scholarship Application Guidance.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm on Thursday 16 April 2020.
Successful candidates will be informed in early June 2020.