Safety Services


Moving Samples for Conference and Exhibition

In order to correctly classify the substance you wish to transport, please contact the UCL Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (dangerousgoods@ucl.ac.uk).

Regular exports for public exhibition

If you regularly take goods abroad for a short period of time for public exhibitions that may otherwise require a CITES permit, you could use a travelling exhibition certificate instead of a CITES permit. You can use the certificate whether you are moving goods within or outside the EU. You can add multiple specimen types in one application if needed. It is valid for 3 years, which means you do not need to apply for permission each time you take your display items abroad.

Last updated: Friday, July 22, 2022