UCL Health and Safety Objectives 2019/2021
The health and safety objectives for UCL are agreed annually by the Work Health and Safety Committee and are part of the Safety Management System.
Objectives for 2019/2020 have been extended into the 2020/2021 academic year. Objectives 1-4 are revised and Objective 5 is new and relates to the changing work due to COVID-19.
Objective 1: T100 Programme
- All high hazard departments to have achieved Level 1 by the end of September 2021
- All low hazard departments to have achieved Target 100 Lite by the end of May 2021
Objective 2: Responsible Risk Management
- All Principal Investigators/Laboratory Managers/Heads of Departments to have successfully completed the Level 1 questionnaire of the Responsible Risk Management eLearning module by the end of September 2021.
Objective 3: Statutory Compliance
The established Compliance Working Group of the Health and Safety Committee to have:
- Published new standards for the following areas by October 2020:
- Medical Gases and Alarms
- In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Published revised standards for the following areas by July 2020:
- Water systems at risk from Legionella
- Local Exhaust Ventilation
- Pressurised systems
- Lifting equipment
- Published guidance on practical solutions to resolve areas of uncertainty over responsibilities and ‘institutional non-compliance’ by December 2020
- Full implementation of standards by July 2021
Objective 4: Health Hazards
- All departments to have completed a Departmental Health Hazard Status Checklist by April 2021 to enable Workplace Health to assign the correct hazard status
- All departments to maintain a list of staff exposed to each hazard in their area cross-checked with Workplace Health record management systems by September 2021
Objective 5: Return to Work
To implement specific controls and arrangements relating to the changing nature of certain identified activities as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All departments to have authorised risk assessments for staff returning to work to include the COVID-19 hazard (ongoing)
- Where a risk assessment requires the use of face masks as PPE, departments must have identified and trained a face fit tester and all staff shall have a face fit test
The health and safety objectives for UCL are published annually in the Health and Safety Policy, but you can view archive objectives below.
> Health and Safety Objectives 2019/2020
> Health and Safety Objectives 2018/2019
> Health and Safety Objectives 2017/2018
> Health and Safety Objectives 2016/2017
> Health and Safety Objectives 2015/2016
> Health and Safety Objectives 2014/2015
> Health and Safety Objectives 2013/2014
> Health and Safety Objectives 2012/2013
> Health and Safety Objectives 2011/2012
> Health and Safety Objectives 2010/2011
Last updated: Tuesday, June 23, 2020