Risk assessment of manual handling operations training
This instructor-led course will build on the basic principles of risk assessment to enable you to apply the risk assessment process to manual handling and lifting tasks in your workplace.
This instructor-led course will build on the basic principles of risk assessment to enable you to apply the risk assessment process to manual handling and lifting tasks in your workplace so as to prevent back and other injuries.
You should undertake this course if any of the following apply to you.
- You have safety responsibilities for work areas where there are handling and lifting activities
- You supervise or give advice on handling and lifting activities
- You are responsible for conducting risk assessments of handling and lifting activities in your workplace
No actual lifting is involved in this course. If you require practical handling and lifting training please book a place on Manual Handling and Lifting (Practical).
You must complete the Principles of Risk Assessment eLearning module before attending the course.
A record of training will be verified only when both the Principles of Risk Assessment module and attendance on the course are completed.
All safety instructor-led training courses are delivered by our team of safety experts.
By the end of this course you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the risks associated with manual handling and lifting operations
- Identify the manual handling operations that require a risk assessment
- Identify the hazards associated with manual handling
- Assess the risk
- Carry out a risk assessment and planning activities to control the risk
- Lift objects under the guidance of a competent instructor
You must complete the Principles of Risk Assessment e-learning module before attending the course.
UCL staff that are responsible for conducting risk assessments.
Training courses are free to UCL staff however your Department will be charged £50 if you fail to attend when booked on a course. Non-attendance at first aid courses will incur a higher non-attendance fee.
If you have not received your confirmation notification from the MyHR Mailer please contact Safety Services on 020 3108 8592 or email to email@example.com.
Places to external delegates are only offered if there is spare capacity on an instructor-led course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list stating the course title and date you wish to join.
Training courses are accessible using UCL MyLearning.
Last updated: Thursday, June 18, 2020