The aims of the data challenge are to develop novel and innovative ways to analyse and/or visualise Consumer Data Research Centre (CDRC) open or safeguarded data* (https://data.cdrc.ac.uk) and to gain new insights into one (or more) of the UCL Grand Challenge priority themes below through data re-use.
Your data analysis and/or visualisation should be a clear, accessible, and engaging three-page case study that re-uses CDRC data to address one or more of the priority themes in a novel way. The results should benefit UCL Grand Challenge into gaining new insights, CDRC and your own research interests.
Data sets provided by CDRC cover a wide range of topics and therefore we invite UCL academics, researchers and master's students with interest in data from ALL disciplines to participate. Entrants will have the chance of winning a prize up to £500 in vouchers.
- Full information
Please download the guidelines of the challenge here. Deadline for expression of interest was 18 January 2019.
If you have any questions about the challenge, please contact Dr Valerie Karaluka
*Please note, you will need to gain ethical approval for the use of safeguarded data from CDRC. Please submit your initial proposal to Sarah Sheppard (CDRC) either by e-mail (email@example.com) or at https://www.cdrc.ac.uk/data-services/using-our-data/ clearly stating that access is for the UCL Data Challenge. It may take up to 3 weeks to get approval, so make sure you do this as soon as you can to have plenty of time for data analysis before final submission deadline in May.
- Deadline for submission of the case study is 12 pm 8 May 2019. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The review panel, made up of eResearch Domain, CDRC and UCL Grand Challenges representatives, will take place w/c 13 May.
- The finalists will be notified shortly after and will be at chance to present their results at eResearch Domain's Conference on 20 June 2019!
- Every participant successful at the panel will be able to present their work in a poster session during the conference.
- The final price (£500 in vouchers) will be announced at a conference.