Social Science Plus is the Collaborative Social Science Domain's funding scheme. The aim of the scheme is to support pilot studies that seed new collaborations between social science and other disciplines across UCL in order to foster future (medium or large) interdisciplinary collaborative external funding applications with a strong social science component. To date the scheme has supported 7 projects and 18 collaborators across UCL and led to many follow-on projects, publications and networks. You can read about a recent external funding success made possible by our scheme here.
The scheme is competitive and for academic year 2021-22 will fund three projects (each up to £10,000). The current call has been funded by several UCL faculties including Engineering Sciences, Institute of Education, Mathematical & Physical Sciences, Population Health Sciences, and Social & Historical Sciences.
- The 2021-22 call has closed
- be social science led
- be cross-disciplinary (social science and non-social science)
- involve at least one early career researcher in addition to any post doctoral researchers that may apply as Principal Investigators and/or Co-investigator(s)
- be innovative and research based
The Principal Investigator must be a UCL social scientist working with a non-social science UCL Co-Investigator. There is scope to add a second UCL Co-Investigator who may come from any discipline.
The Principal Investigators and Co-investigator(s) must all be:
- of post-doctoral standing
- based in different departments
- employed by UCL during the life of the project (i.e. able to complete the proposed project within the terms and conditions of their current contracts)
How to apply
3. Upload and register you application via this online form
Current and previous pilot projects
- 2019-20 pilot projects
- 2018-19 pilot projects and outcome reports
- 2017-18 pilot projects and outcome reports
- 2016 pilot project