What is Sponsored Research?
Research Services are UCL’s Institutional Authority for external funding which is classified as sponsored research as required by Research England and the Charity Commission.
Read more about Sponsored Research Criteria.
Who are we?
Located in Maple House, Research Services comprises of five interconnected teams who provide support for the full external research funding lifecycle.
The teams are:
- Research Support and Development (Pre-Award)
- Research Finance and Assurance (Post Award)
- European Research and Innovation (ERIO)
- UKRI Training Grants/Studentships Team
- Research Operations (including Worktribe support and development)
Facts and Figures
- Research Services supported the submission of 4,610 applications in 2018/19 on behalf of UCL’s academic community.
- We successfully agreed and set-up 1,638 new research awards in 2018/19
- We manage on average a project portfolio of over 7,000 active projects.
- As part of our Post Award activities we forecast and approved in accordance with funders terms and conditions 6,700 staff appointments to research projects in 2018/19
Training and Support
Research Services provide training and support through a number of different platforms. Find out how we can support you in managing your research portfolio.