Find useful links to funding opportunities for research and innovation projects.
How to find internal sources
Many of these websites have newsletters to keep up to date on new funding opportunities.
- Funding opportunities (Research services)
- Knowledge exchange funding
- European innovation funding - Horizon Europe
- Funding & scholarships
- Translational research funding
- Research domain funding
- Grand Challenges
- Global funding
- Open Access Funding
How to find external sources
- Research Connect - funding service providing information on thousands of funding opportunities dedicated to the International research community.
- UKRI Funding finder - funding and support across all academic disciplines and industrial areas.
- Wellcome funding opportunities - discovery research funding schemes in line with Wellcome's strategy.
- Leverhulme Trust - funding for research and education
- British Academy
- Royal Society
- Academy of Medical Sciences
- Royal Academy of Engineering
Subscribe to useful newsletters
- The Bartlett, Engineering, and Mathematical & Physical Sciences (BEAMS) Research Funding Mailing List
NB: Check limits!
Funders may ask UCL to limit the number of applicants who can be put forward for specific calls. In this case, usually, Research Coordination Offices (RCOs) internally manage UCL/Faculty-wide selection processes. Open internally managed calls can be found on the three RCOs webpages:
- View internally managed calls by School of Life and Medical Sciences (SLMS)
- View internally managed calls by Laws, Arts & Humanities, and Social & Historical Sciences (SLASH) and Institute of Education (IOE) (UCL login required)
- View internally managed calls The Bartlett, Engineering, and Mathematical & Physical Sciences (BEAMS) (UCL login required)
In the first instance, speak with your faculty or department manager for tailored advice. They will support you or guide you to the appropriate business service teams.
The Research Coordination Offices (RCOs) support fellowships, personal and larger collaborative awards for researchers. They help you to plan your applications and help you navigate to other support at UCL.
Other useful contacts
- Translational Research Office (TRO)
- Academic Careers Office (SLMS)
- Joint Research Office (JRO for clinical research)
- European Research & Innovation Office (ERIO)
- Research Services