Find ideas and advice to help you shape your research or innovation project.
Our 'Funding your project' page provides useful links to funding opportunities for research and innovation projects.
RIS Innovation Service
The Research & Innovation Services (RIS) Innovation Service provides support for projects and contracts that fall within UCL's charitable mission that cannot be classed as sponsored research.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise
UCL Innovation & Enterprise can help take your ideas out into the world through industry partnerships, consultancies, funding, and commercialisation opportunities.
- Knowledge exchange funding
- Developing a partnership with external organisations
- Creating a spinout or protecting your Intellectual Property (IP)
- Offering consultancy services.
Visit the Innovation & Enterprise For staff webpage to find out more about the support they offer. You can also join an information session on making your way in innovation and enterprise at UCL.
Find out what criteria your project needs to meet to be classified as sponsored research.
In the first instance, speak with your faculty or department manager for tailored advice on developing your research ideas.
Research Coordination Offices
UCL's Research Coordination Offices (RCOs) offer advice, support, and guidance on funding opportunities and developing grant proposals for fellowships, personal, and larger collaborative awards. They can also help you navigate to other sources of support at UCL.
- RCO for Life and Medical Sciences (LMS)
- The Bartlett, Engineering, and Mathematical & Physical Sciences (BEAMS) RCO
- Laws, Arts and Humanities and Social and Historical Sciences (SLASH)/UCL Institute of Education (IOE) RCO
Developing Grants and Fellowships SharePoint
Created by the UCL RCOs and Organisational Development team, the Developing Grants and Fellowships SharePoint site provides a range of useful resources to support you with developing your research proposal.
Contact your department or faculty contracts manager as early as possible to discuss your plans to ensure the timely placement of agreements for your project.
Other useful contacts
The following UCL teams also offer advice, support, and guidance on funding opportunities and developing grant proposals.
- Translational Research Office (TRO)
- Academic Careers Office (ACO)
- UCLH/UCL Joint Research Office (JRO)
- European Research & Innovation Office (ERIO)
- Award Services