Here you will find a selection of case studies reflecting the real-life impact that Reading Recovery has had within schools.
The work of a qualified Reading Recovery teacher in a school has the potential to impact on literacy learning, which goes beyond the children directly involved in the implementation.
- Impact for children with EAL and from BAME backgrounds: Glenfrome Primary School, Bristol.
- Closing the gap: St Mary’s CE Primary School, Kent.
- Reading Recovery is narrowing the gap for disadvantaged and other pupils in the school: Longshaw Community Infant School, Blackburn.
- Reading Recovery and other interventions work well together offering different approaches to make sure all pupils make good progress in literacy: Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School, Nottingham.
- Reading Recovery implementation has created a powerful school response to the needs of struggling learners: Whitefield Primary School, Liverpool.
Image: Philip Meech for Reading Recovery Europe