International Workshop: Increasing Resilience to Environmental Hazards in Border Conflict Zones. 10-11 July 2017
Published: Apr 13, 2017 2:48:54 PM
Published: Mar 28, 2017 12:43:14 PM
Published: Mar 20, 2017 12:12:39 PM
Office location: Rm 38, 2nd floor, South Wing, UCL Main Quadrangle
The IRDR maintains a high-profile media strategy, providing both immediate comment during disasters and features for documentaries.
Recent appearances have included:
- Interview with Carmine Galasso, Italian Earthquake Aftershocks, BBC News, 30th October 2016
- Interview with Joanna Faure Walker, Italian Earthquake. 24th August 2016: BBC News, BBC World News, Sky News, CNN. 25th August 2016: BBC Radio 2.
- Comment on April 2015 Nepal Earthquake in the Guardian by Dr Ilan Kelman (see full article on Guardian website)
- Interviews with Prof Peter Sammonds on April 2015 Nepal Earthquake: Amanpour interview, CNN, 26th April 2015, Nepal earthquake commentary; Sky News, 26th April 2015, Nepal earthquake interview.
- Interview with Joanna Faure Walker, Nepal Earthquake and Aftershocks, Sky News, May 12th 2015.
- Comment on December 2015 Paris Climate Change Agreement in the Guardian by Dr Ilan Kelman
- Comment on October 2015 Afghanistan Earthquake in the New Scientist by Dr Ilan Kelman
- Regular columns in "The Foreigner", an English-language news service in Norway, written by Dr Ilan Kelman
- Interview with David Alexander, Bento Rodrigues Dam Disaster in Brazil, Al Jazeera TV, November 2015
- L’Aquila trial, 2012 (BBC News)
- Tsunami risks in Japan, 2012 (Monocle 24 Radio)
- Earthquake-resistant buildings, for RIBA, 2011 (NBS Learning Channel)
- Comment on Icelandic volcanism, 2011 (Sky News)
- Extensive comment on the 2011 Tohoku earthquake & tsunami (CNN, BBC World TV, Sky News, BBC Radio 5 Live, LBC, BBC Newsnight)
If you are interested in the expertise and events in the IRDR, please see our staff profile pages for individual staff expertise, our research pages for more information about the overall research and expertise within the IRDR, and our events listings.
Media Contacts for the IRDR
If you are from the media and wish to contact the IRDR to find someone to comment on or discuss any aspect of risk and disaster reduction, please contact the UCL Press office in the first instance: