- IRDR 2012-2013 Seminar series
- First Academic Conference on Risk and Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience
- IRDR 3rd Annual Conference, 14th June 2013
- Debating Matters National Final
- Professor David Alexander Inaugural Lecture
- UK Japan Symposium on Disasters
- UK Japan Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop
- UCL-Tohoku Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2013-2014
- Debating Matters Qualifying Round 2013-2014
- IRDR Building Resilience Forum
- UCL Lunch Hour Public Lecture: After Fukushima
- IRDR Careers and Opportunities Forum 2014
- IRDR Fourth Annual Conference
- Past Event: IRDR Student Forum
- Second Academic Conference on Research, Teaching and Service in Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience
- Past Event: Disability and Disasters
- The road to a safer world from natural hazards - can science impact on policy and practice?
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2014-2015
- Special Seminar on Probabilistic Catastrophe Loss Models, 13-Oct-2014
- IRDR Careers and Opportunities Forum, 3rd March 2015
- Security, terrorism and human rights- making London resilient, 5-March-2015
- UCL IRDR 5th Annual Conference, 25th June 2015
- UCL IRDR Third Academic Summit, 24th June 2015
- "Recovery from Disaster" by Ian Davis and David Alexander. Symposium, Book Launch and Reception. Monday 12th October 2015
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2015-2016
- 4th IRDR Careers and Opportunities Fair, 1st March 2016
- IRDR Discussion Forum: Heritage and Disasters, Wednesday 9th March 2016
- IRDR 6th Annual Conference, 15th June 2016
- UCL IRDR Fourth Academic Summit, 16th June 2016
- Development in the Arctic: Risks and Rewards, Panel Discussion, 8th June
- Facing Disasters: International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Responses
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2016-2017
- UCL IRDR Special Seminar on Gender Responsive Resilience - GRR!
- IRDR 7th Annual Conference, 21st June 2017
- Haiti Earthquake 7th Anniversary: Reception and Fundraiser
- IRDR Careers and Opportunities Fair, 1st March 2017, 5-8pm
- Panel Discussion: Risk Finance for the Developing World. 8th March, 6pm
- International Workshop: Increasing Resilience to Environmental Hazards in Border Conflict Zones. 10-11 July 2017
- Pint of Science: What a Disaster!
- UCL IRDR 7th Annual Conference
International Workshop: Increasing Resilience to Environmental Hazards in Border Conflict Zones. 10-11 July 2017
Published: Apr 13, 2017 2:48:54 PM
Published: Mar 28, 2017 12:43:14 PM
Published: Mar 20, 2017 12:12:39 PM
Office location: Rm 38, 2nd floor, South Wing, UCL Main Quadrangle
First Academic Conference on Risk and Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience
Start: Jun 13, 2013 09:00 AM
Location: UCL Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre
By invitation only - 13 June 2013
UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR) will hold a one-day event on 13 June 2013 in order to bring together representatives of the universities in the UK and Europe that offer courses or conduct research on risks, hazards, disasters and resilience.
The overall objectives for the conference are:
- to improve communication and collaboration between UK higher education institutions that work in this field
- to explore what common ground we have in our teaching and research on hazards, risks, disasters, safety, security, resilience and kindred subjects
- to investigate whether we can strengthen our mutual position by acquiring a common voice.
We hope this event will enable us to further some common aims and objectives as part of an on-going process of collaboration.
The event will be held in the Gustave Tuck lecture theatre at UCL, and will be co-sponsored by the Institute for Civil Protection and Emergency Management (ICPEM), which is keen to help improve collaboration among UK higher education institutions.
Teaching hazards, risks, disasters and resilience: towards a common agenda
09:30-09:40 Welcome to UCL-IRDR (Prof. Peter Sammonds, Director of UCL-IRDR)
09:40-10:00 Introduction to the conference: scope and objectives
(Prof. David Alexander, UCL-IRDR)
10:00-10:45 Plenary debate
10:45-11:15 Coffee break and networking
12:30-13:30 Lunch break
Academic research on hazards, risks, disasters and resilience: towards a common agenda
13:30-13:50 Introduction to the afternoon session (Prof. David Alexander, UCL-IRDR)
14:30-15:30 Break-out session
15:30-16:00 Coffee break and networking
16:00-17:00 Concluding session – summing up and programme for action
There will be a Careers and Opportunity Fair in the South Cloisters from 1600-1900.
On the following day (14th June 2013), we will hold the UCL-IRDR annual conference.
For further information please contact Professor David Alexander – David.Alexander[at]ucl.ac.uk