- IRDR 2012-2013 Seminar series
- First Academic Conference on Risk and Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience
- IRDR 3rd Annual Conference, 14th June 2013
- Debating Matters National Final
- Professor David Alexander Inaugural Lecture
- UK Japan Symposium on Disasters
- UK Japan Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop
- UCL-Tohoku Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2013-2014
- Debating Matters Qualifying Round 2013-2014
- IRDR Building Resilience Forum
- UCL Lunch Hour Public Lecture: After Fukushima
- IRDR Careers and Opportunities Forum 2014
- IRDR Fourth Annual Conference
- Past Event: IRDR Student Forum
- Second Academic Conference on Research, Teaching and Service in Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience
- Past Event: Disability and Disasters
- The road to a safer world from natural hazards - can science impact on policy and practice?
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2014-2015
- Special Seminar on Probabilistic Catastrophe Loss Models, 13-Oct-2014
- IRDR Careers and Opportunities Forum, 3rd March 2015
- Security, terrorism and human rights- making London resilient, 5-March-2015
- UCL IRDR 5th Annual Conference, 25th June 2015
- UCL IRDR Third Academic Summit, 24th June 2015
- "Recovery from Disaster" by Ian Davis and David Alexander. Symposium, Book Launch and Reception. Monday 12th October 2015
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2015-2016
- 4th IRDR Careers and Opportunities Fair, 1st March 2016
- IRDR Discussion Forum: Heritage and Disasters, Wednesday 9th March 2016
- IRDR 6th Annual Conference, 15th June 2016
- UCL IRDR Fourth Academic Summit, 16th June 2016
- Development in the Arctic: Risks and Rewards, Panel Discussion, 8th June
- Facing Disasters: International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Responses
- UCL IRDR Seminar Series 2016-2017
- UCL IRDR Special Seminar on Gender Responsive Resilience - GRR!
- IRDR 7th Annual Conference, 21st June 2017
- Haiti Earthquake 7th Anniversary: Reception and Fundraiser
- IRDR Careers and Opportunities Fair, 1st March 2017, 5-8pm
- Panel Discussion: Risk Finance for the Developing World. 8th March, 6pm
- International Workshop: Increasing Resilience to Environmental Hazards in Border Conflict Zones. 10-11 July 2017
- Pint of Science: What a Disaster!
- UCL IRDR 7th Annual Conference
International Workshop: Increasing Resilience to Environmental Hazards in Border Conflict Zones. 10-11 July 2017
Published: Apr 13, 2017 2:48:54 PM
Published: Mar 28, 2017 12:43:14 PM
Published: Mar 20, 2017 12:12:39 PM
Office location: Rm 38, 2nd floor, South Wing, UCL Main Quadrangle
Debating Matters Qualifying Round 2013-2014
Oct 21, 2013 04:30 PM
End: Oct 23, 2013 09:00 PM
Location: Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre, North Cloisters, and 16 Taviton St.
After succesfully hosting part of the Debating Matters National Finals in June 2013, the IRDR will now host regional qualifying rounds for the 2013-2014 competition.
Debating Matters is a national debate competition for 6th form students, run by the Institute of Ideas. It offers a fresh, accessible and engaging format for debating contemporary issues. The competition has successfully pioneered a format for debate that takes ideas, argument and young people seriously. The focus is on content and substance over style, encouraging young people to engage in an intelligent contest of ideas and holding up their ideas to critical scrutiny.
On Monday 21st Oct, we will host the qualifying rounds for the Camden, Islington, and Kensington and Chelsea Areas, with the IRDR Deputy Director, Rosanna Smith, acting as one of the judges for the Camden Area. On Wednesday 23rd Oct, we will host the qualifying rounds for the Tower Hamlets, Hackney, and Lambeth Areas, with IRDR PhD student Luke Wedmore acting as one of the judges for the Lambeth Area.
Please go to external web pages for: