Quantum Spin Dynamics
The magnetic moments of nuclei, atoms and molecules in condensed matter can exhibit strongly quantum behaviour, with discrete energy levels and weak coupling to other degrees of freedom. We study the dynamics of these systems, principally using magnetic resonance, to establish...
- how best to exploit spins in condensed matter for quantum information applications;
- the environment of the spin, which can tell us about materials properties, molecular structures, conformation changes, and relaxation mechanisms;
- the interaction of spins with other excitations, to allow detection of magnetic resonance through optical or transport phenomena;
- and more!
- London Centre for Nanotechnology
- UCL Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- UCL Quantum Science and Technology Institute