Postdoctoral Research Associate
My research has focused on building upon the understanding of spin-based quantum systems in the context of quantum computation, particularly focusing on the silicon-metal-oxide-semiconductor spin-qubit platforms initially developed at UNSW. I have become especially interested in determining how qubit environmental contributions can affect experimental performance, particularly when moving from singular qubit systems to multiple qubits. I am interested in concepts such as optimal qubit control and propagation of quantum information. I enjoy investigating, designing and analysing qubit mechanisms which can demonstrate robustness against system scalability.
I come from a town called Orange, better known for its apples.
IRIS department Widget PlaceholderSDHOM94
- Dispersive readout of reconfigurable ambipolar quantum dots in a silicon-on-insulator nanowire
J Duan, JS Lehtinen, M Fogarty, S Schaal, M Lam, A Ronzani, A Shchepetov, P Koppinen, M Prunnila, F Gonzalez-Zalba, F., JJL Morton Appl Phys Lett 118 164002 (2021)
- Spin readout of a CMOS quantum dot by gate reflectometry and spin-dependent tunnelling
VN Ciriano-Tejel, MA Fogarty, S Schaal, L Hutin, B Bertrand, L Ibberson, MF Gonzalez-Zalba, J Li, Y-M. Niquet, M Vinet, JJL Morton PRX Quantum 2 010353 (2021)
- Remote capacitive sensing in two dimension quantum dot arrays
Jingyu Duan, MA Fogarty, J Williams, L Hutin, M Vinet, JJL Morton Nano Lett 20 7123 (2020)
- A silicon surface code architecture resilient against leakage errors
Z Cai, MA Fogarty, S Schaal, S Patomaki, SC Benjamin, JJL Morton Quantum 3 212 (2019)
- Fidelity benchmarks for two-qubit gates in silicon
W. Huang, C. H. Yang, K. W. Chan, T. Tanttu, B. Hensen, R. C. C. Leon, M. A. Fogarty, J. C. C. Hwang, F. E. Hudson, K. M. Itoh, A. Morello, A. Laucht, A. S. Dzurak Nature 569, 532–536 (2019)
- Controlling spin-orbit interactions in silicon quantum dots using magnetic field direction
ZT. Tanttu, B. Hensen, K. W. Chan, C. H. Yang, W. Huang, M. A. Fogarty, F. E. Hudson, K. M. Itoh, D. Culcer, A. Laucht, A. Morello, A. S. Dzurak Phys. Rev. X, 9 (2), 021028 (2019).
- Integrated silicon qubit platform with single-spin addressability, exchange control and robust single-shot singlet-triplet readout
M. A. Fogarty, K. W. Chan, B. Hensen, W. Huang, T. Tanttu, C. H. Yang, A. Laucht, M. Veldhorst, F. E. Hudson, K. M. Itoh, D. Culcer, T. D. Ladd, A. Morello, A. S. Dzurak Nat. Comm. 9, 4370 (2018)
- A logical qubit in a linear array of semiconductor quantum dots
C. Jones, M. A. Fogarty, A. Morello, M. F. Gyure, A. S. Dzurak, T. D. Ladd Phys. Rev. X 8, 021058 (2018)
- Impact of g-factors and valleys on spin qubits in a silicon quantum dot
J. C. C. Hwang, C. H. Yang, M. Veldhorst, N. Hendrickx, M. A. Fogarty, W. Huang, F. E. Hudson, A. Morello, A. S. Dzurak Phys. Rev. B 96, 045302 (2017)
- Nonexponential fidelity decay in randomized benchmarking with low-frequency noise
M. A. Fogarty, M. Veldhorst, R. Harper, C. H. Yang, S. D. Bartlett, S. T. Flammia, A. S. Dzurak Phys. Rev. A 92, 022326 (2015).