UCL Public Policy seeks to engage on topics that are of relevance to policy professionals where UCL research can illuminate policy problems.
UCL Public Policy:
- Acts as a point of contact for external policymakers who wish to consult UCL expertise
- Convenes roundtable meetings which bring together researchers and policymakers to discuss topical issues, facilitating dialogue and networking
- Provides accessible high-level research summaries for policymakers, based on key UCL research activities
- Explains UCL research on platforms specifically for policymakers, such as our series of podcasts
- Runs world-leading training and learning opportunities in the field of Public Policy, from professional development courses up to PhD level.
UCL supports a rare breadth and depth of knowledge and expertise, drawn from world-leading research, to address complex policy challenges. UCL Public Policy works with UCL Grand Challenges to support cross-disciplinary work at UCL to deliver greater impact and enhanced benefit for society.
Throughout all of this we remain non-partisan and independent, and seek to inform policy development rather than necessarily advocate specific policies. You can see examples of UCL research that has influenced high-level policymaking here.