2pm, Wednesday 14 November
A V Hill Lecture Theatre, Medical Sciences Building, UCL
The Long Finance Autumn Conference 2012 will combine elements of the Long Finance and Grand Challenges agendas to focus on how to address development challenges in straitened economic times. It will draw particularly on the themes of the Green Growth and Global Health challenges. The event will provide a platform for informed and robust discussion to highlight the most important issues and to offer possible solutions that can have an impact at a policy level.
This conference will consider how the challenge of achieving sustainable global prosperity impacts on developing nations, extending the discussion around sustainable growth beyond the economic issues of GDP and a low-carbon economy and engaging with some of the fundamental questions concerning societal infrastructure, what prosperity means and how we can evaluate and measure well-being in a meaningful way.
- Dr Denis White, Oregon State University
- Steven Fries, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Balazs Magyar, Bank Sarasin
- Professor Stephen Smith, UCL Economics
- Professor Paul Ekins, UCL Energy Institute
- Fiona Woolf CBE, Alderman, City of London
- Professor Michael Mainelli, Z/Yen Group
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a place at the conference, with your name, job title and organisation, and email address.