Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
The Provost's Awards for Public Engagement recognise the fantastic work that UCL's staff and students are doing to open up what happens at UCL, creating two-way conversations with the public.
Nominations for the 2016-17 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement are now open.
In 2016-17, five awards are available in the categories:
- Student (postgraduate research student)
- Professional services staff
- Early career academic/research (grade 6/7)
- Established career academic/research (grade 8+)
- Community award
The community award is an opportunity to get recognition for the contribution of your community partners. Don’t forget that your non-academic partners can nominate you and your work, and vice versa.
Who, and what kind of work, is eligible?
UCL staff and postgraduate research students are eligible for the awards, as are community partners for the community award. Honorary staff, and individuals not currently working for or studying at UCL, are not eligible. Staff of UCL Culture are not considered for these awards. If you’re uncertain of the eligibility of an individual, or into which award category they should be entered, please do get in touch.
Other methods of recognition exist within UCL for working with prospective students, community volunteering, and promoting higher education in general. Work with schools, or work that is intended to recruit students to UCL or higher education more generally is covered by these other awards.
Public engagement for the purposes of these public engagement awards is characterised by being based in UCL research, teaching, or learning.
If you have any questions about the awards, please contact the Public Engagement Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to nominate
Nominations are now open.
Nominations are made by a short form. Nominators are strongly recommended to read the guidance, and are welcome to contact the Public Engagement Unit with any questions.
Find out more about winners of the Public Engagement Awards in previous years:
- 2015/16 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
- 2014/15 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
- 2013/14 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
- 2012/13 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
- 2011/12 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
- 2010/11 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
- 2009/10 Provost's Awards for Public Engagement
Page last modified on 20 oct 16 14:57