- Teaching Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Research Departments
- Clinical, Educational Health and Psychology
- Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain Sciences
- Developmental Science
- Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Language & Communication
- Speech, Hearing and Phonetic Sciences
- UCL Interaction Centre
- Research Facilities
- News and Events
- Vacancies and Opportunities
- Contact Us
Read all the latest news within the Division of Psychology and Language Sciences.
Divisional Subject Pool
- Seminar Series: 26 Feb 2014
Dr Mikako Sato
Honorary Research Associate
Psycholinguistics (L1/L2 development and processing; automaticity of the sentence processing routines; processing of structural dependencies; the mental lexicon); Language acquisition, especially in relation to conceptualisation, categorisation and the interface between language and perception; Bilingualism.
Current research project
- PhD (Essex): Sensitivity to syntactic and semantic information in second language sentence processing (Supervisor: Dr Claudia Felser).
- MA (UCL): Colours: Why do children have difficulty acquiring colour terms? (Supervisor: Prof. Neil V. Smith).
Sato, M. & C. Felser (2010). Sensitivity to morphosyntactic violations in English as a second language. Second Language, 9, 101-118.
Clahsen, H., Felser, C., Neubauer, K., Sato, M. & R. Silva (2010). Morphological structure in native and non-native language comprehension. Language Learning, 60, 21-43.
Felser, C., Sato, M. & N. Bertenshaw (2009). The on-line application of Binding Principle A in English as a second language. Bilingualism: Language & Cognition, 12, (4), 485-502.