Welcome to the DREAMS:START project
- Sleep difficulties in dementia are common and varied, including reduced sleep at night, night-time awakenings and wandering, and excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Family carers are often woken by their relatives' sleep difficulties.
- Night-time care costs to continue caring at home can be unaffordable.
- DREAMS:START (Dementia Related Manual for Sleep; Strategies for Relatives) is a psychological intervention, developed in consultation with current and former carers and people living with dementia.
- This randomised controlled trial will test the feasibility for a full-scale trial and acceptability of the manualised intervention.
- The intervention - consisting of six sessions - is tailored to the particular sleep difficulties of each person with dementia and delivered to their caregiver.
This project is funded by the National Institute for Health Research [Health Technology Assessment] (project number: 14/220/06)