Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Upcoming Events
- Prospective Students
- Years 7-11 Activities
- Years 12-13 Activities
- Year 12 Masterclasses
- Year 12 Summer School
- UCL Year 12 Conference
- UCL Gateways Conferences 2014
- Taster Courses
- Lloyds Scholars Autumn School: Careers in the City
- Sutton Trust
- Adult Learners' Activities
- Young people in care/care leavers
- Open Days/Visits
- UCL Sutton Scholars
- Current Students
- School Teachers
- UCAS Fairs
- UCL Staff
- Contact Us
- Open Day 2014
- Register your interest
UCL 'Hidden Spaces': A Discovery of the Architectural Gems in London
This summer school will introduce participants to the hidden spaces of London. We will find unknown museums and discover spaces within the city and will learn to map them and work with concepts to create quick propositions. The summer school will also introduce participants to specific drawings skills and model making, with a final presentation on the last day. Applicants will need a background in Art and drawing to be able to follow the course.
There are 30 places available on the Architecture summer school. It is taking place from Monday 18th August to Friday 22nd August 2014. Students will stay in UCL’s Ramsey Hall, which is in central London, a short walk away from the UCL campus.
Who is Eligible?
The Architecture Summer School is open to students (home UK only) currently studying in Year 12 or equivalent at state schools or colleges in the UK.
Priority will be given to students who meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Predicted A/A* in Art A level
- Will be the first generation in their family to attend university.
- Be on target to achieve UCL’s minimum grade requirements for the course that they are interested in applying to.
- Come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education.
- Are taking relevant subjects in relation to the subject that they are applying for.
- Attend schools or colleges with a low overall A level (or equivalent) point score.
- Live outside of Greater London
How to Apply
You can apply for the ‘Hidden Spaces’: A Discovery of the Architectural Gems in London Summer School by completing the online application form. Please note that applications will close on Friday 6 June 2014.
If you would like more information on the programme prior to applying, please contact Amy Suddards on email@example.com