Information for Prospective Students
- Study abroad
- International Students
- Scholarships and funding
- Widening Participation
- Register your interest
- Meet UCL
- Undergraduate Prospectus
Year 12 Masterclasses
In the spring and summer terms UCL hosts a range of subject-specific masterclasses.
Masterclasses offer you a taste of learning at university, and are designed to help you decide what area of study you would like to pursue at degree level. They give you an insight in to your chosen subject, and so provide an excellent example to include in your personal statement.
The masterclasses themselves are entertaining, hands-on sessions run by UCL academics and PhD students. You’ll get the chance to look around UCL, and you’ll meet current UCL students and other young people from across London.
The following series of masterclasses will be run in July 2016:
Please note that there are certain eligibility criteria for these Masterclasses:
We ask that students meet the following academic criteria:
- have achieved at least five A*-B grades at GCSE
- are on track to meet the minimum entry requirements for the subject of the Masterclass
- are taking at least two subjects from UCL's list of preferred A levels
Students must be attending a UK state school. Priority will then be given to students who:
- will be the first generation in their family to attend university
- come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- attend schools or colleges with a low overall A Level (or equivalent) point score
To apply for one of the Summer Masterclasses please use this online form.