UCL Undergraduate Preparatory Certificates
The UCL Undergraduate Preparatory Certificates (UPC) are intensive one-year foundation courses for high-achieving international students aiming to enter undergraduate degree programmes at UCL or other top UK universities but whose home qualifications do not allow them direct admission.
These intensive and challenging courses combine the study of two academic subjects, usually alongside Academic English and Research & Academic Skills. All teaching is delivered by UCL staff within the university.
UCL guarantees an offer of an undergraduate place for UPC students who meet the admissions criteria for 125 UCL undergraduate programmes.
- 91% of UPC students received UCL undergraduate degree offers
- 98% received UCL or Russell Group university degree offers
- 80% progressed to a Russell Group university
- 54% progressed to a UCL undergraduate degree programme.
UPC students are registered as UCL students, meaning they have access to all the academic, welfare, social and cultural resources we have to offer. UPC students are also supported with their UCAS application and our aim is to ensure that on completing the course, they can confidently embrace the demands of university study and life in the UK.
- UCL Undergraduate Preparatory Certificates (CLIE website)