Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships & Funding
- Widening Participation
- Register your interest
At UCL we're proud of our pioneering history, our distinguished present and our exciting future. UCL is a great place to be a student – here are some of the reasons why.
- We are one of the world’s very best universities, consistently placed in the global top 20 in a wide range of world rankings. Currently we are 4th in the QS World University Rankings and 3rd in Europe in the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic World Rankings.
- We are a world-leader in research, with outstanding results in the latest Research Assessment Exercise
- UCL is a multi-disciplinary university, home to centres of teaching excellence in subjects from medicine to languages, law to engineering and history to astrophysics. We encourage interdisciplinary study and believe that all areas of study can inform and enrich each other.
- There has been at least one Nobel Laureate from the UCL community every decade since the establishment of the prizes in 1901.
In the heart of London
- Our central London location gives our students access not only to the best in entertainment and nightlife, but also to academic resources. We are close to, and have teaching and research links with, countless hospitals, museums, galleries, libraries and professional bodies.
- Around 41% of our students come from 155 countries worldwide, and UCL has a friendly and cosmopolitan atmosphere. We work hard to embed a global perspective in all our teaching.
- There are plenty of opportunities to study abroad for a term or a year – around 25% of our students spend some time in another country as part of their degree programme.
Supporting your ambitions
- Our Careers Service offers professional help and advice to students seeking employment, work experience placements or further study, and our Alumni Relations office facilitates networking to help UCL graduates in their chosen careers.
- UCL Advances, our centre for entrepreneurship, offers training, networking and business support, as well as the opportunity to win start-up funding, for UCL students seeking to start their own business.
Life after study
- Around 90% of UCL graduates enter work or further study within six months of graduating, and our graduates earn around £4,600 more than the national average
(data taken from the ‘Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education’ survey undertaken by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), looking at destinations of UK and EU graduates in the 2011 cohort).
Page last modified on 09 oct 13 08:46