Information for Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Graduate Prospectus
- International Students
- Meet UCL
- Scholarships & Funding
- Widening Participation
- Register your interest
Even when you’re not studying, there’s plenty to do, see and enjoy when you get involved. The UCL Students’ Union (UCLU) runs a wide range of activities, and you can put your time to good use helping other students or the wider community.
UCL Students' Union
As a student, you are automatically a member of UCLU, the Students’ Union.
UCLU is a democratic, student-led organisation run by UCL students whom you
have the chance to elect. UCLU provides a wide range of services to help you get the
best out of your time at UCL.
- UCLU supports a wide range of campaigns on issues affecting the Union, the university, and wider society.
- All UCL students have the opportunity to stand for and vote for officer positions at UCLU. This includes a team of full-time sabbatical officers who take a year out of their studies to run UCLU, with each receiving a salary during their term of office
- Forums are an opportunity for every student to debate and discuss what UCLU does and says in various areas.
UCLU has over 200 clubs and societies,
all run by students.
They cover a wide variety of interests from sport
and culture to arts and faith. Any UCL student can join any club or
society or start their own. In fact, getting involved with a club or
society is a great way for you to develop a hobby, learn new skills and
make new friends.
Active UCLU is an initiative which promotes and supports a variety of health, wellbeing and sporting activity at UCL.
includes a growing sports programme currently centred on football,
hockey and softball. There is also a support programme for elite
athletes who study at UCL.
Give it a Go runs free or discounted trips and activities, so you can try out things you’ve
never done before and visit new places.
There’s no need for a regular
commitment, simply do as many or as few as you like.
UCLU Events organises the nightlife at UCLU, including club nights and annual balls.
Venues for UCLU Events have included many top London clubs such as
Ministry of Sound, Koko, Fabric, Heaven and the IndigO2 at the O2 Arena.
UCLU’s Volunteering Services Unit (VSU) is one of the biggest departments of its kind in the country and by far the biggest in London.
VSU are proud of the opportunities on offer, so you could find yourself:
- undertaking some sports coaching with local young people
- guiding people around one of London’s hidden museums or galleries
- campaigning on an issue you care about
- getting your hands dirty at one of our environmental events, including volunteering on the London Wildlife Trust’s nature reserves.
There are over 500 projects for you to choose from, so there’s always something that will fit your time, availability and interests. By taking part, you’ll meet new people, build new skills and get a real insight into London life.
Page last modified on 15 mar 13 16:31