Youth in a Globalising World
This module will introduce students to the key themes, theories and debates in Youth Studies and examine the experiences and engagement of young people in different spheres and spaces.
Key topics include:
- the social construction of youth
- (delayed) youth transitions
- youth opportunities and aspirations in further education, work and housing
- youth civic and political engagement
- cosmopolitan values and youth
- online cultures and practices
- the methods and ethics of researching youth.