Finding a place to live in London
The first question that many students ask is "where will I live?" If you're coming to study abroad for the full year, you'll be guaranteed a place in UCL accommodation as long as you have firmly accepted your offer to study at UCL and applied for accommodation by the deadline. Students coming to UCL for less than a full year will normally be allocated housing, but this cannot be guaranteed.
UCL has two types of accommodation:
- Catered accommodation in which meals are included (breakfast and an evening dinner from Monday to Friday and brunch at weekends).
- Self-catered accommodation where you will share kitchen facilities (cooker, refrigerator, freezer, kettle, toaster and microwave) to prepare your own meals
As a guide, for the 2021/22 session, fee ranges are as follows:
UCL catered accommodation
- Single room (not en-suite): £193.06 – £252.84 per week
UCL self-catered accomodation
- Single room (not en-suite): £130.97 – £231.07 per week
- Single room (including en-suite): £212.24 – £297.88 per week
If you'd prefer to make your own arrangements for housing, you can get advice from the University of London Housing Services, who offer advice about finding suitable rented accommodation in London.