Information for Prospective Students
GREAT-UCL India Scholarship Programme 2016/17
GREAT-UCL India Scholarship Programme is a joint programme part funded through GREAT funds and through contributions made by UK Universities. GREAT is a part of the UK Government’s campaign to show to the world the best of the UK.
Over the last two years (2014/15 & 2015/16) 750 scholarships
were offered to Indian students covering a wide range of undergraduate and
postgraduate courses at participating UK universities.
As part of the GREAT-UCL India Scholarship Programme 2016/17, UCL will be offering four jointly funded scholarships worth £11,250 each. There will be one award for each of the four relevant areas of study, with only the Master's programmes listed below being eligible. The duration of each programme is 1 year unless specified otherwise.
Women’s Health (UCL Institute for Women’s Health)
- MSc Prenatal Genetics and Foetal Medicine · MSc Reproductive Science and Women’s Health
- MSc Prenatal Genetics and Foetal Medicine
- MSc Reproductive Science and Women’s Health
Ophthalmology (UCL Institute of Ophthalmology)
- MSc Clinical Ophthalmology
- MSc in Ophthalmology with Clinical Practice (2 years ; the scholarship is applicable for the first year only)
- MSc Biology of Vision
- MSc Applied Immunology
- MSc Applied and Regenerative Neuroscience
- MRes Vision Research
Psychology and Human Development (UCL Institute of Education)
- MSc in Child Development
- MSc Psychology of Education
- MSc Developmental and Educational Psychology
- MA Education (Psychology)
- MA/MSc Educational Neuroscience
- MA Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)
- MSc Speech, Language and Communication Needs in Schools Advanced Practice
Physics and Astronomy (UCL Physics and Astronomy)
- MSc Scientific Computing
- MSc Quantum Technologies
- MSc Astrophysics
- MSc Physics
- MSc Planetary Science
- MSc Nanotechnology
- Be a prospective full-time Master's student undertaking one of the programmes at UCL listed above.
- Be domiciled in India.
Value, terms and conditions
- The value of each award is £11,250.
- Unless otherwise requested by the scholar, the scholarship is usually set against tuition fees. If payment is made directly to the scholarship holder, the award is paid in three equal instalments at the start of each term.
- The award is tenable for one year only.
- An award cannot be deferred to a later year.
The scholarship selection will be based on your programme application. There is no separate application required for the scholarship. We cannot guarantee that any application received after 28 February 2016 will be considered.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, achievement and potential and will be awarded by recommendation of the academic department.
Notification of results
The successful candidate will be notified as soon as a decision has been made in June.
For more information regarding study in the UK and available scholarships see the British Council Education webpages.
Page last modified on 03 dec 15 13:44 by Daniel Newcombe
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.