Information for Prospective Students
GREAT-UCL India Scholarship Programme 2015/16
GREAT-UCL India Scholarship Programme is a joint programme part funded through GREAT funds and through contributions made by UK Universities. GREAT is a part of the UK Government’s campaign to show to the world the best of the UK.
In November 2013, the British Council announced its largest ever scholarship scheme worth almost £1 million to students from India. This provides for 370 scholarships covering 260 undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Engineering, Law and Business to Art & Design, Biosciences and IT at 36 UK universities.
As part of the GREAT-UCL India Scholarship Programme, UCL will be offering three jointly funded scholarships worth £10,000 each. There will be one award for each of the three relevant areas of study, with only the Master's programmes listed below being eligible.
1. Child Health (eligible programmes):
- MSc Advanced Physiotherapy/Physiotherapy Studies
- MSc Cell and Gene Therapy
- MSc Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- MSc Paediatrics and Child Health: Global Child Health
- MSc Clinical Paediatric Neuropsychology
- MRes in Biomedicine
2. Biosciences (eligible programmes):
- MSc Biomedical Sciences
- MSc Computational and Genomic Medicine
- MSc Experimental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- MSc Genetics of Human Disease
- MSc Neuroscience
- MSc Pharmacogenetics and Stratified Medicine
- MRes Biodiversity, Evolution and Conservation
- MRes Biosciences
3. Development Planning (eligible programmes):
- MSc Building & Urban Design in Development
- MSc Development Administration & Planning
- MSc Environment & Sustainable Development
- MSc Social Development Practice
- MSc Urban Development Planning
- MSc Urban Economic Development
- Be a prospective full-time Master's student undertaking one of the one-year programmes at UCL listed above.
- Be domiciled in India.
Value, terms and conditions
- The value of each award is £10,000.
- Unless otherwise requested by the scholar, the scholarship is usually set against tuition fees. If payment is made directly to the scholarship holder, the award is paid in three equal instalments at the start of each term.
- The award is tenable for one year only.
- An award cannot be deferred to a later year.
The scholarship selection will be based on your programme application. There is no separate application required for the scholarship. We cannot guarantee that any application received after 28 February 2015 will be considered.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, achievement and potential and will be awarded by recommendation of the academic department.
Notification of results
The successful candidate will be notified as soon as a decision has been made in June.
For more information regarding the scheme please see www.knowledgeisgreat.in
Page last modified on 10 nov 14 09:59 by Patricia Newby
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.