Information for Prospective Students
The GREAT/UCL Scholarship - India
GREAT Scholarships - India, is a joint programme part funded through GREAT funds and through contributions made by UK Universities. GREAT is a part of the UK Government’s campaign to show to the world the best of the UK.
In November 2013, the British Council announced its largest ever scholarship scheme worth almost £1 million to students from India. This provides for 370 scholarships covering 260 undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Engineering, Law and Business to Art & Design, Biosciences and IT at 36 UK universities.
As part of
the GREAT/UCL Scholarship-India scheme, UCL will be offering eight jointly funded scholarships
worth £5,000 each. There will be one award for each of the eight Master's programmes listed below.
- MSc Management
- MSc Economics
- MSc Construction Economics and Management
- MSc Technology Entrepreneurship
- MSc Telecommunications
- MSc Drug Discovery and Development
- MSc Cancer
- Be a prospective full-time Master's student undertaking one of the one-year programmes at UCL listed above.
- Be domiciled in India.
Value, terms and conditions
- The value of each award is £5,000.
- Unless otherwise requested by the scholar, the scholarship is usually set against tuition fees. If payment is made directly to the scholarship holder, the award is paid in three equal instalments at the start of each term.
- The award is tenable for one year only.
- An award cannot be deferred to a later year.
There is no separate application required for the scholarship. The selection is made on 11 April 2014 and it is your responsibility to ensure the academic department has your admissions application in good time. For details of how long it takes to process an admissions application contact the relevant admissions office.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, achievement and potential and will be awarded by recommendation of the academic department.
Notification of results
The successful candidate will be notified as soon as a decision has been made in June.
For more information regarding the scheme please see www.knowledgeisgreat.in
Page last modified on 03 mar 14 16:43 by Daniel Newcombe
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.