Information for Prospective Students
Brown Family Bursary
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2016/17.
The aim of the Brown Family Bursary is to enable and encourage academically excellent students in financial need to pursue their postgraduate studies at UCL.
- be ordinarily resident in the UK
- obtain a first-class Bachelor's degree prior to commencing a Master's at UCL
- be in financial need (as determined by the UCL Student Funding Office)
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master's degree in the Faculties of the Built Environment, Engineering Sciences or Mathematical & Physical Sciences (BEAMS) in 2016/17.
Value, benefits and duration
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The bursary is tenable for one year only.
- The Brown Family Bursary may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Bursary recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Brown Family Bursary award.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The bursary will be awarded based on financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship was on 8 May 2016.
Notification of results
The successful candidate will be notified in June/July once a decision has been made.
Page last modified on 09 may 16 10:15 by Ben R Nicholson
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.