Information for Prospective Students
Scholarships and Funding
The Brown Family Bursary
***PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE NOW BEEN INFORMED. IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US, THEN YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL ON THIS OCCASION***
|Important Information for All Applicants|
Applicants must be:
- Prospective full-time UK resident Master's students who are undertaking a one-year programme of study in the Faculties of the Built Environment, Engineering Sciences or Mathematical and Physical Sciences (BEAMS).
- Currently holding a first-class Bachelor's degree; and
- In financial need.
The bursary will be awarded based on financial need only as determined by the Student Funding Office and the Deputy Dean of Students (Welfare).
Value, terms and conditions
- The value of the bursary is £12,500. The payment is to be applied to tuition fees in the first instance, with any remainder being paid to the successful applicant towards maintenance in termly instalments.
- The bursary is tenable for one year only.
- The bursary may not be held alongside other tuition fee only awards.
Application deadline and procedure
The deadline for applications is: Monday, 17 March 2014.
The application form and guidance notes can be found on our Alumni and Friends Funding Awards page.
Potential candidates must ensure that they submit a full scholarship application by the deadline irrespective of whether an offer of admission has reached them or not. After the deadline the UCL Student Funding Office will check UCL systems to confirm whether the scholarship applicant has applied for admission to one of the eligible UCL programmes. Scholarships applicants without an application for admission to an eligible programme at the time of the scholarship deadline will be excluded from the competition at this point.
Notification of results
Successful and reserve candidates can expect to be notified by email from June onwards.
We are unable to inform unsuccessful applicants. If you do not hear from the UCL Student Funding Office by the end of June, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Page last modified on 14 jul 14 14:58 by Ben R Nicholson
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.