Information for Prospective Students
Brown Family Bursary
The aim of the Brown Family Bursary is to enable and encourage academically excellent students in financial need to pursue their postgraduate studies at UCL.
- be ordinarily resident in the UK
- currently hold a first-class Bachelor's degree
- be in financial need (as determined by the UCL Student Funding Office)
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master's degree in the Faculties of the Built Environment, Engineering Sciences or Mathematical & Physical Sciences (BEAMS) in 2016/17.
Value, benefits and duration
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The bursary is tenable for one year only.
- The Brown Family Bursary may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Bursary recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Brown Family Bursary award.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The bursary will be awarded based on financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
Applications to this bursary will open in early February 2016.
You will need to hold an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, so you are advised to apply for an eligible degree at UCL in good time for the Admissions Office and the relevant academic department to process and respond to your application.
The deadline for applications to this bursary will be in mid-April
2016 (the date will be confirmed when application opens).
Notification of results
The successful candidate will be notified in June/July once a decision has been made.
Page last modified on 28 jan 16 12:04 by Patricia Newby
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.