Information for Prospective Students
Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2016/17.
The aim of the Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from Poland to pursue their postgraduate studies at UCL.
- be ordinarily resident in Poland
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2016/17.
Value, benefits and duration
- The value of the scholarship is £10,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship award.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence. The scholarship will be awarded upon the recommendation of an academic selection panel and the Student Funding Office.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship was on 17 April 2016.
Notification of results
The successful candidate(s) will be notified in June/July once a decision has been made.
Page last modified on 09 may 16 10:16 by Ben R Nicholson
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.