Information for Prospective Students
Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship
The aim of the Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from Poland to pursue their postgraduate studies at UCL.
- be ordinarily resident in Poland
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2016/17.
Value, benefits and duration
- The value of the scholarship is £10,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Andrew Szmidla Postgraduate Scholarship award.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence. The scholarship will be awarded upon the recommendation of an academic selection panel and the Student Funding Office.
Applications to this scholarship are now open.
You need to hold an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, so you are advised to apply for an eligible degree at UCL in good time for the Admissions Office and the relevant academic department to process and respond to your application
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ***Check and apply*** under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be on 17 April 2016.
Notification of results
The successful candidate(s) will be notified in June/July once a decision has been made.
Page last modified on 18 feb 16 11:50 by Patricia Newby
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.