For students wishing to apply as an independent taught graduate affiliate student (outside of a formal exchange agreement)
How to Apply
To apply as an independent taught graduate affiliate student (outside of a formal exchange agreement) please apply online. When applying select Postgraduate Taught Affiliate in the Programme Type drop down menu. Applications must be supported by the following documentation, which you will have the opportunity to upload:
• Valid email address for one academic referee at your home institution who is familiar with your work
• Academic transcripts for all higher education provided in English and in electronic format
• Personal statement
• Confirmation of English language proficiency (if available)
• Confirmation from your home institution co-ordinator that your request to study abroad is supported
Your home institution must support your application for Study Abroad. Please ask your institution to provide a signed and stamped confirmation of their support on headed paper. Alternatively, please ask your home institution/sponsor to complete the Host Institution Slip. Applications that are not supported by your home institution will not be considered.
Applications must usually be submitted by
• 31 March for entry in September (Autumn term only or full year)
• 30 September (at the latest) for entry in January (Spring and Summer terms only)
Taught postgraduate affiliate applicants are not able to select modules at the point of completing the online application form.
If you have specific module requirements, please get in touch directly with the relevant UCL department.
Applicants will receive an email once the application has been submitted (or if it is saved half way through). Once submitted you should also receive an invitation to access the Applicant Portal where you can track the status and progress of your application. UCL Admissions will get in touch as soon as possible with a decision about acceptance. If we have any queries regarding your application – for example about grades or prerequisites – we will contact you.
If you are accepted you will be sent an offer letter and invited to reply to your offer via the UCL Applicant Portal. Once you’ve accepted your offer and confirmed that you will be attending UCL, more information will be sent about how to apply for student accommodation, and about visas if this is applicable.
Pre-arrival information, including details of the orientation programme are available on the website from July.